Your First Appointment
You might be wondering what your first visit to our office will be like. Let’s walk you through the process step by step:
- Take a tour of our office, see Dr. Ericksen’s credentials, our state of the art equipment, and be welcomed into your dental suite!
- Get your X-rays done. This is to ensure we have a full picture of your oral health.
- Get your teeth cleaned by our hygienist. Your teeth will be sparkling clean!
- Meet Dr. Ericksen. Dr. Ericksen will introduce himself, examine your smile, and if necessary, discuss treatment options with you. The examination will consist of a visual screening for cancer and a periodontal screening to make sure everything is healthy!
All of this can be done in about an hour. Sometimes we can even do treatments the same day you are diagnosed – small procedures like fillings and crowns are usually no problem. We like to make sure our patients are properly cared for, as well as make sure their time is properly respected. We understand that everyone has busy lives, and we want to make your care as convenient and comfortable as possible!
Preventative Dentistry Procedures and Products
We offer many products and procedures like Preventative Dentistry that are used to prevent oral health issues. Take a look at just some of our options:
- Sealants – Used as a barrier to prevent cavities.
- Fluoride treatments, varnishes, and prescription rinses and toothpastes – Used to repair and prevent damage to tooth enamel.
- Arestin – This treatment is used to treat periodontal disease, or gum disease. It is an antibiotic that kills harmful bacteria and helps to prevent future infection.
- Scaling, root planing, and periodontal maintenance – These deep-cleaning procedures involve removing plaque and other disease-causing substances from around and under your gums.
- Peridex and Chlorhexidine – Rinses and medications to treat gingivitis.
- Mouthguards – These are dental appliances that temporarily move your jaw into position. Often used during sleep to prevent damage due to teeth grinding and clenching (bruxism). We can make these in-office.
- Cleanings – Schedule a regular cleaning. Our hygienist will make sure your teeth are polished up nicely! Regular cleanings help prevent cavities by washing away bacteria and other buildup.
- Exams – Routine exams will make sure all problems are caught when they are only small issues – before they turn into large dental problems.
- Nutritional counseling – Noticing lots of cavities? It might be what you are eating. Our staff can give advice on what you should and should not be eating for optimal oral health.
How to Properly Clean Your Teeth
Hygiene is extremely important for preventing oral health problems down the road. Here are some good tips to keep in mind when cleaning your teeth. These tips come directly from the American Dental Association.
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste.
- Choose a brush with soft bristles and a hard head.
- Replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months.
- Floss in between your teeth once a day.
- Visit a dentist for regular cleanings.
- Follow all additional instructions for cleaning given to you by your dentist or hygienist.
If you do not yet have an appointment, schedule now for preventive dentistry by calling our office today at 801-997-1137 or fill out our online form. Be sure to visit our page for new patients to download the necessary forms. We can’t wait to see you at Holladay Dental Studio!