Are you experiencing pain or discomfort due to an injury, accident, or other dental problem? We want to help. Our team at Holladay Dental Studio is focused on making sure our patients are as comfortable as possible. That means treating dental emergencies when they arise. Below are some examples of situations when you should call our office immediately.
Types of dental emergencies can include:
- Knocked-out tooth
- Loose or misaligned adult tooth
- Cracked or fractured tooth
- Tissue injury (such as a puncture)
- Severe pain of any kind
We understand that accidents happen and sometimes emergencies do arise. But what do you do when something bad does happen? First, don’t panic. Second, follow our tips on how to react when trouble arises.
What to do if an emergency occurs:
- Call our office immediately. Our phone number is 801-997-1137.
- Do not touch an exposed tooth root. It may damage the root and make it unable to be replaced.
- Do not force a loose tooth back into place. Try to replace gently and hold in place until you see Dr. Ericksen. If you can’t easily move it back to its original position, leave it alone.
- Rinse your lost tooth and mouth very gently. Be sure not to wash away any connective tissue or pieces of tooth.
- Get to an emergency room if bleeding will not stop or if another matter of life and death arises.
When you call our office with a dental emergency, we can almost always work you into our schedule that day. We understand the importance of getting you in to see someone as soon as possible due to severe pain or a damaged tooth. We not only want to ease your pain, but we also must act fast when trying to save a tooth that has been knocked out or damaged in some way. Waiting can lead to further damage, or the possibility that we will not be able to replace your lost tooth.
The quickest way to get in to see Dr. Ericksen is by calling our office at 801-997-1137 before 7 p.m. We will even see you after hours if your problem needs immediate attention. If you get the answering machine (after 7 p.m.), leave a detailed message and get to a hospital if you are critically injured or bleeding excessively.
We hate to see our patients in pain. Give us a call if you have a dental emergency, and we will do everything we can to help solve your problem. We can be reached at 801-997-1137 or by using our online form – but we don’t recommend the form for emergencies! Check out our contact page for more information about our location and hours.
Let us help ease your pain. If you have experienced an injury, accident, or are otherwise experiencing pain or discomfort, please get in touch with us right away. We will work to correct your problem and make you more comfortable. Dr. Ericksen and his team of skilled dental professionals will treat your discomfort. Call us today at 801-997-1137.