Are you having a hard time chewing due to loose or missing teeth? Call Dr. Ericksen today. We can help to restore your quality of life.
If you have a loose tooth, call us right away. The sooner you see Dr. Ericksen, the more likely it is that he will be able to save the tooth. We will do everything we can to try and save your natural teeth, but if we can’t, you are already in the right place.
Dr. Ericksen is a highly trained implant dentistry professional. He is currently working on an Associate Fellowship with the American Academy of Implant Dentistry and has been a member since 2010. At Holladay Dental Studio, we offer comprehensive implant services right here in our office – we don’t have to send you out to multiple specialists just to get one job done. Here, we can provide all the care you need under one roof.
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is a mechanism that allows for a replacement tooth to be permanently set in your mouth. The prosthetic tooth root – the implant itself – is first surgically placed into your gum. During the healing process, the implant will fuse to your jawbone, creating a stable base for a prosthetic tooth. Next, the abutment is screwed to the post. After the attachment of the abutment to the post, the replacement tooth is screwed into the abutment. This setup provides secure and long-lasting results.
What are the benefits of getting dental implants?
The benefits of getting dental implants after one or multiple tooth losses are endless. Let’s look at just a few:
- Implants can restore almost 100 percent of your natural chewing ability. That means you can eat whatever you want on whichever side of your mouth you choose!
- Steaks and apples are no longer off limits! You can return to normal meals without having to worry about a missing tooth or your dentures coming out.
- They look and feel natural – giving back your confidence and ability to smile. Because the prosthetic tooth or teeth are custom-designed, we can match the color and size to that of your natural teeth. This means you can smile worry-free again!
- They are easy to care for. Implants are brushed and flossed just like your natural teeth. Unlike dentures, you do not have to remove them for daily cleaning. They also help to preserve your oral health because they become a permanent part of your jaw. This permanence helps to prevent bone loss and protects the gums and surrounding teeth from future infection and decay.
- They will improve your quality of life. Because you no longer have to worry about what you can eat and how your teeth look, and because your oral health is improved, using dental implants can actually increase your quality of life! Get back to the old you and stop worrying about your teeth. You have a life to live. With dental implants, you have the freedom to do just that.
How do I know if dental implants will work for me?
The only way to definitively know if dental implants are right for you is to visit Dr. Ericksen for a full examination and X-rays. This will determine if you have enough bone in your jaw to support the implants. It will also allow you to discuss your options with the doctor, as we offer many different types of implants. Read more about our various options here.